About Tyler A. Diekhaus
Mr. Diekhaus joined the firm as an Associate in 2018 and focuses his practice in the areas of commercial and construction disputes, employment litigation, real estate transactions, trusts and estates and municipal matters. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree, Magna Cum Laude, in 2012 from Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, where he double majored in Political Science and Communication and minored in History. In 2014, Mr. Diekhaus graduated from Bowling Green State University with his master’s degree in College Student Personnel within the field of Higher Education and Student Affairs. Following graduate school, Mr. Diekhaus attended Rutgers Law School where he graduated with his Juris Doctorate in 2017 and was awarded the prize for outstanding work in Law and Humanities.
During law school, Mr. Diekhaus had the distinct honor of serving as a judicial intern in the chambers of The Honorable Jose L. Linares, Chief Judge of the United States Federal District Court, District of New Jersey, The Honorable Walter F. Timpone, Associate Justice of the New Jersey Supreme Court, The Honorable Thomas W. Summers Jr. of the New Jersey Superior Court, Appellate Division and The Honorable Leslie-Ann Justus of the New Jersey Superior Court. Mr. Diekhaus also served as intern within the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office.
While a student, Mr. Diekhaus held the position of Symposium Editor for the Rutgers University Law Review. He also served as a research assistant within the Legal Analysis, Writing and Research Skills program to Professor Amy Soled and as a research assistant to Professor Suzanne Kim.
Just prior to joining Byrnes, O’Hern and Heugle, Mr. Diekhaus was a law clerk in the Civil and Chancery Divisions of Middlesex County, New Jersey. Mr. Diekhaus is admitted to practice law in the State of New Jersey.
- New Jersey, 2018
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, B.A. Political Science, Magna Cum Laude, 2012
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, B.A. Communication, Magna Cum Laude, 2012
- Bowling Green State University, M.A. College Student Personnel, 2014
- Rutgers Law School, J.D., 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Sidney Reitman Employment Law American Inn of Court
- The C. Willard Heckel Inn of Court
- The American Bar Association
- The New Jersey State Bar Association
- The Monmouth County Bar Association
- The Middlesex County Bar Association